From Ron Ward
From Ron Ward “Bellevue”, Cootamundra (sole supplier of beef, lamb, and veal).
When you buy your beef, lamb, or veal at Griffith Butchery, not only is it pasture fed, but our pastures are extremely biologically diverse.
This diversity creates the health in our animals as well as making the farming seasonally adaptive.
The feed available for our stock is wide and varied:
- Perennial grasses – cocksfoot and phalaris
- Medicinal herbs – Chicory
- Legumes – Perennial Clovers
- Perennial lucerns – vetch
- Annual clovers – Subterranean clover
- Annual grasses – ryegrass
- Native species – red grass
But that’s not all!
Bellevue has not used weedicide, pesticide, fungicide, or herbicide on the soil since 1998.
During tough seasons, we do supply mentor feed with our silage and hay which is fed out on our pastures.
My goal is to produce the best meat you can eat.